Angels were created by the gods eons before the story began and were made with the intention of protecting the world. For ages they served as the attendants of the gods but eventually, Throne became corrupted and the gods began to die, leaving the angels behind. For many years the prime angels remained undisturbed, swelling to enormous proportions.
When Zoss breached the firmament, he slew the prime angels, becoming the de facto king of Throne. With the rest of the demiurges he restored order to Throne by creating bodies for the angels. Some time later, the Concordant Knights were established in order to keep peace throughout the world. But as Throne grew corrupted once again, the Universal War broke out, destroying the Concordance in an event known as the Shattering.
Many angels were presumably killed in the war, leaving the young ones without direction. Some of them joined forces, siding with the Holy Thorn Knights or the peacekeepers of the Concordant Harmonies. Others would choose to become independent, offering their services in support of criminal activity.
Description and BehaviorEdit
All angels are the children of UN and have white-colored souls. Meanwhile their bodies are made of energy, or controlled nuclear explosions housed in an armored shell. All angels are therefore genderless, but many are masculine in their mannerisms.
Angels progress through "states" of Plasma, Vapor, Liquid, Solid (Metamorphic, Igneous), Crystal, and Neutron (in order of youngest to oldest) as they age. "Ashen" has also been mentioned, possibly as an affliction of the primes.
The original prime angels were very different from the current variants, being taller than buildings. The husks of these beings are highly sought after, as they can be reanimated with bound devils to be used as war machines or as public transport throughout Throne.
- 82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil (Liquid)
- 23 Liminal Blossom Punctures the Heart of the Unrepentant, Deliciously (Vapor)
- 25 Vengeful Iron Annihilates All Heretics and Cowards
- 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe (Igneous)
- 7 Sound of Clear Water Through a Grove
- 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon
- 2 Michael (Crystal)
- Metatron 1 (Neutron)
- 22 Shake off the Sodden Words of the Faithless
- 35 Purity's Griffon Harbors Only Brightness in His Heart
- 38 Dark Spear of Thought Will Plunge Into the Flesh of Heretics
- 29 Red Word Excises the Wicked
- 52 Holy Mists Rising From the Abyss
- 75 Ambulant Blade With A Ragged Edge
- 12 Questioning Fate
- 4 Transcendent Water of YISUN's Tears
The number preceding an Angel's name indicates the number of times reincarnated. 2 Michael, a prime angel, has only died once. It is unknown if this also indicates rank and power, or only implies it (with greater angels dying less). Angelic Hierarchy is generally decided by the length of previous incarnation (no matter how many proceed it) as it is usually taken to indicate wisdom or prowess.
- Most people in Throne believe that angels cannot lie without cracking their shells. This was shown to be true when White Chain claimed to be visiting Praman Nand to offer Allison as a slave, and a crack opened in their helm. 
- Sedimentary angels were going to be a stage of angel development, but ABBADON tried it out mentally and he just got the image of the laziest angel in the universe.