- "O! Corpse-gods of chance! Affix your hooks in our supplicant flesh! Lead us from the dreaded shoal of margin to the hallowed shores of holy Profit, and may our ledgers be ocean!"
- - Common guild prayer
The Guilds are great world-spanning criminal syndicates that rule Throne in the stead of The Seven, who do not care for creation. In short, heaven is run by the super mafia. The Seven have been in power long enough that many generations of the worlds they have conquered remember it has always been that way. It is implied that the guilds have been in power for nine thousand years. They were founded by the demiurges for the mundane tasks that they are named for.
A Hell is common language term used to denote a corpse of a God that's been used for nefarious purposes. There are a lot of these.
- Golden Pearl Pleasure Guild (a.k.a. the whoremongers)
- Gilded Cage Guild (slave traders, multiple other vices)
- Flesh Cutters Guild (a.k.a. the butcher's guild)
- Accountants Guild
- Hearth Stoker's Guild
- Sisters of Infinite Repose
- 3rd Infinitive Recursive Bank
- Haberdasher's Guild
- Coalition of Wax Drippers
- Ink Drippers
- Guild of Glass Polishers
- Burnishers Guild
- Threshers Guild
- Bone Picker's Guild
- Unnamed guild that manages the Glyphosphere
- Bank of the Grand Dragon
- Guild of the Crimson Lamb
- Polisher's Guild