|Page(s)||15 / 18|
|Release||November 12, 2013|
82 concludes his story about YISUN and hints that the once-proud city of Throne has become infested with criminal activity. Allison claims she does not understand, to which 82 replies that neither does he.
As 82 alludes to his plan to seek out Praman Nand, Allison becomes distracted by some of the dead, who begin begging for money. 82 warns that giving money to the dead is illegal, but Allison flees in horror when she sees what they look like from up close and winds up bumping into Preem Nungsis.
Nungsis' servant sternly asks that 82 control Allison, whom he assumes is her concubine. When 82 apologizes for this mistake, Allison piques the interest of Pree Ayis, who asks if Allison is for sale. 82 politely mentions that he is not a slaver before moving into Hell 71 with Allison.
- CITY ORDINANCE 335999
- DS 20313, SUBSECTION 33
- ALL PERSONS HAVING EXPIRED OF LIFE, HAVING BEING DRAINED OF VITAL ANIMUS, OR NO LONGER POSSESSING AN ATUM (BEING A BODY) MAY NOT
- 1. PANHANDLE
- 2. SLEEP IN PUBLIC SPACES
- 3. ENGAGE IN LOUD ACTIVITY AFTER 10PM IN PUBLIC SPACES
- 4. TRAVEL WITHOUT PROPER AUTHENTICATION
- 5. REMOVE BODY PARTS SO AS TO DISTRESS PASSERBY OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE IN UNPRODUCTIVE MISCHIEF
- IN EFFECT: DS 2000 (see section 30044 for more detail)
- YISUN (mentioned)
- Praman Nand (mentioned)
- Nungsis (first appearance, no lines)
- Ayis (first appearance)
- The small robot next to Pree Ayis marks one of the few instances of modern technology, since weapons and tech are tightly controlled by Throne's richest individuals.
- When the original comic was conceived in 2012, mentions of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche became a running joke. Allison's use of the phrase "God is dead" may be a subtle reference to this meme.
- Behind Preem Nungsis there is a person whose armor strongly resembles the suit worn in the Dead Space series of games.
- There is a typo in the third panel where 82 speaks.