The King's Road, also known as the king's road, the road of the Ruling King, or the road is a road which winds seven times through the Void and the Wheel. It is a literal road between (possibly "impressions" of) the King's Doors in the Void, where distance has no meaning and a thousand paces can cross a dozen universes.
Higher technology, especially weapons, is tightly controlled by the demiurges and coveted by the guilds. It is not easy to come by a modern-level gunsmith in Throne, so one would have to get such a weapon through the King's Road, which is a risky business. This also means that the Road leads to Throne.
The shades of beasts of burden dissipate upon entering the void (as their souls are too weak), and automatons degrade if left unattended, necessitating the use of bound demons or the shades of the dead for transport if one does not want to walk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Comment on KSBD 4-59
- ↑ The Lie of the Water House
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 KSBD 4-57
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Prim Leaves Her Father's House
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Aesma and the Three Masters
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Wielder of Names 3-39
- ↑ Wielder of Names 3-40 (CREATION)
- ↑ Wielder of Names 2-21
- ↑ Wielder of Names 2-24 (Incarnate)
- ↑ KSBD Tumblr
- ↑ Comment on Wielder of Names 3-40 (CREATION)