- "The Tale of Imvttr", "Aesma Asks a Difficult Question", "Blissful Division" and “What is Royalty?” are unofficial titles.
The Song of Maybe is a collection of sacred texts that contains the religious history of the Wheel. Originally written in Universal Metaconstant, its author and date of creation are unknown. As testament to its influence, the Song has only undergone minor revisions in the last few kalpas and is still sung, listened to, and carefully studied among vastly different peoples.
Song of Maybe 4:15
- Main article: "Prim Leaves Her Father's House"
Third Middle Hym
The Third Middle Hym is a prayer used primarily by the Mendicant Knights:
- VM ASRA, VM ITTM (To the sky, to the other-side that is not sky)
- YISUN PATTM ATTRA AM (YISUN is the Universal Lord)
- AUN VS UTTR (Of nothing he was)
- AUN VS YA (And nothing he is now)
- YTTR AM! (What a paradox!)
- ATOMUS UNSM (We must constantly seek salvation and perfection through division.)
- VM ITTR A VSK PRET (Seek heaven through violence.)
- YISUN ATUN! (Praise YISUN!)
The Tale of Imvttr
YISUN sat with the Attendants one day in the twentieth palace of Bone and Silver. There was a great feast laid out and YISUN directed all in attendance to forgo the custom. Black bread and spirits were served, salt was cast upon the throats of the repentant.
YISUN's attendant Imvttr was fond of violence and skilled in the art of separating men from their wealth and bodies. He had long hungered after the secret name of God as YISUN's other disciple Aeshma had, but the sorry and torn sight of Aeshma's pus weeping eyes had dissuaded him. At this feast he attempted through other means to coax some secret and dread knowledge from the universal King.
'Oh master of masters,' asked he, as the salt came around, and plucking absent strings upon his glyphic quorric and palming his flayer he spoke a bird into the air which sang a singular song and dissipated.
'What is the great art known to your royal mind?' sang the bird.
YISUN smiled in the third way for this question was anticipated for a long time.
Imvttr spent three centuries trying to learn the equivalency of this utterance and resigned to hermitude where he went mad.
Aesma Asks a Difficult Question
Only once was there a question which YISUN hesitated to answer. Strangely enough, it was asked by Aesma, the least wise of their companions. They trod a stony road together, and Aesma's feet grew hot and sore. She swore and spat, and clutched her feet, and asked YISUN a stupid question.
"Lord!" said she, in roiling frustration, "Before you said there is no such thing as Universal Truth!"
"It was so," said YISUN.
"Then what is all this! This foolery!" said Aesma, with an exaggerated sweep of her ashen arms, "Isn't creation itself, the entirety of your own grand work, a self-evident truth? The only self evident truth, in fact!"
"It is not so," said YISUN, stopping their pace.
"Then what is it?" wailed Aesma, starting to tantrum. This was the question that caused YISUN to hesitate. They meditated on it for a short time only, but Aesma was aghast with wonderment at the power of the question.
"My opinion," said YISUN, finally.
"Is it a correct opinion?" said Aesma, awestruck.
After YISUN performed division of self, there were birthed the White God UN, Lord of Still and Empty Places, and the Black God YIS, Mother of the Rampant Flame.
Their very first instinct was to make reality-shaking war for 7 days, then, after, to make reality shaking love for 7 hours, after which they birthed the whole Multiplicity and were blissfully divided, YS ATUN.
What is Royalty?
Lord Intra gathered his retainers, who were hungry for tutelage. “Lord Intra!” said his sandal bearer, “What is the first step on the path to Royalty?”
“There are no steps,” replied Intra, “It is zero-sum with your reality. It is not measured in finger-lengths.”
“Lord Intra,” said his bodyguard, “Is the path to Royalty the path of struggle, then?”
“No,” said Intra, “One may attain it without any effort at all. It is, in fact, the antithesis of struggle.” Intra’s steward was very discontent with his master’s evasiveness.
“Lord,” he said, “Allow us lowly men some small measure of understanding. For sympathy’s sake, and the sake of we good and loyal servants, please tell us in plain language the nature of Royalty.”
“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”
- According to 82, YIS and UN fought for seven years before procreating, but the passage claims says they only fought for seven days.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Abbadon (November 19, 2014). KSBD 4:68. Chapter 4. Page 68.
- ↑ Abbadon (June 9, 2013). KSBD 1:17. Chapter 1. Page 17.
- ↑ Abbadon (December 12, 2013). KSBD 2:34. Chapter 2. Page 34.
- ↑ Abbadon (January 21, 2014). KSBD 3:37. Chapter 3. Page 37.
- ↑ Orbitaldropkick (November 4, 2013). After YISUN performed division of self.