|Also Known As||The Big Seven|
The Black Emperors
The New Gods
The New Pantheon
The Seven Lords of Infinity
The Seven Sovereigns
The Seven refers to the seven victors of the Universal War. They are the last of the demiurges who currently rule the multiverse under the Pact of the Seven Part World. The names of the Seven include Jadis, Mammon, Solomon David, Jagganoth, Mottom, Incubus, and Gog-Agog.
According to the terms of the Pact, each lord holds supreme authority over 111,111 universes, meaning every world belongs to them. For some, the Seven are tyrants known as the Black Kings; for others, they represent a new generation of gods and deserve to be worshiped. In either case, the names of the Seven evoke tremendous fear. Few could ever hope to match them, and the power of each lord is magnified by means of a Key of Kings.
Under their tyrannical rule, the multiverse lies in chaos disguised as a tentative peace. However there are at present two locations which escape them: the Unconquered Realms and Throne, which no member has been able to claim successfully.
Each member of the 7 wield one part of the 7 syllable name of god.
- Main article: History of the World of KSBD
During the era of the demiurges, men developed sufficient technology to create the Magus Gates and the corresponding King's Doors. The doors allowed the demiurges to explore the multiverse while the keys could fulfill two functions, either as weapons or as a means of restricting access through a King's Door. These inventions began a massive colonization project known as the Second Conquest.
As the demiurges expanded their territory, they justified their conquest with the purpose of civilizing their respective worlds. However, this expansion was halted in an event known as the Universal War. What occurred at this time is unknown, though some have attributed the schism to corruption and cultural stagnation. Nonetheless, the Division of Man is implied to have played an integral role in sparking the Universal War.
The War took place on an unprecedented scale. Countless worlds were destroyed, long-standing political entities were dissolved, and virtually every demiurge is believed to have been killed during the conflict. Yet over the course of the War, just seven demiurges survived. The last remaining military powers then formed an alliance known as the Pact of the Seven Part World.
The Pact assigned 111,111 universes to each member of the Seven, meaning the organization as a whole possesses absolute authority over the Wheel. However, some critical details about the Pact have yet to be disclosed. For example, it remains unclear how territory within the Unconquered Realms has been divided or how the Seven have elected to handle regions such as Throne or the void.
- Before the full list of the seven was revealed, Abbadon posted a picture of a demiurge by the name of 'Savvy Jack'. This character was eventually scrapped to make way for the current roster.
- Jagganoths name is a corruption of the word "Jagannath", his prototype was known as "God Eater, Tyrant-King of the Juggernauts". Most other demiurges names are also recognizable corruptions of existing concepts: Jadis, frozen in glass, may be a reference to the White Witch; Gog-Agog may be a reference to Gog and Magog; Incubus is a concept of a seducer in dreams; Mammon is a word for money and is used for the concept of greed; Solomon David is a nod to two ancient kings of Israel; only Mottom is a much weaker reference, possibly to Om.
- The 7 demiurges are based around several concepts of lesser divinity, chief among them the Gnostic archons, 7 of which rule the universe with their leader "Yaldabaoth" (who is based off of the Platonic Demiurge). These 7 in the comic also match the Christian seven deadly sins.
- Each of the Seven has a color associated with them: Mammon is gold, Jadis is blue, Jagganoth is red, Incubus is pink, Mottom is orange, Solomon David is purple and Gog-Agog is green.
- Each of the Seven can also be seen as corresponding to one of the Christian seven deadly sins: Solomon David is Pride, Mammon is Greed, Incubus is Lust, Gog-Agog is Envy, Mottom is Gluttony, Jagganoth is Wrath and Jadis is Sloth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Abbadon (May 21, 2014). KSBD 3:48. Chapter 3. Page 48.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Abbadon (April 17, 2014). KSBD 3:45. Chapter 3. Page 45.
- ↑ Abbadon (September 28, 2014). KSBD 4:62. Chapter 4. Page 62.
- ↑ Abbadon (October 30, 2014). KSBD 4:66. Chapter 4. Page 66.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Abbadon (January 14, 2015). KSBD 4:74. Chapter 4. Page 74.
- ↑ Abbadon (December 19, 2014). KSBD 4:72-73. Chapter 4. Pages 72-73.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Abbadon (April 26, 2014). KSBD 3:46. Chapter 3. Page 46.